When the DOD wanted to make scaled duplicates of the Phoenix Award for Maintenance Excellence, they called NeoMetrix.
Contracting an artist to recreate a reduced scale work of art can be time consuming and expensive. Silicone molding of the original will work for a full scale model, but the scale cannot be reduced.
- Original piece is scanned using the Faro ScanArm.
- Scan Data is registered, merged, and aligned in Rapidform XOR.
- Final model is scaled down to the desired size.
- Prototype part is printed on the Objet Alaris 3D Printer with a layer thickness of 28 um.
- RTV silicone mold created using Objet part as pattern.
- Multiple Urethane parts can be produced from a single mold.
- Rapidly capture part geometry through laser scanning.
- Accurate tooling created overnight ready for multiple runs with customer choice of material.
Get Started Today
Figure 1 – Phoenix statue
Figure 2 – Phoenix objet part
Figure 3 – RTV silicone mold and urethane casting