Heavy metal Dies can be very expensive to replace when they are damaged or worn. Also it is a large problem if there is no cad file or master.
If there is no master available the existing female mold must be repaired to create a pattern. Once the pattern is created then the new mold can begin construction.
- Scanned in house using the Konica-Minolta Vivid 9i scanner. (accuracy of .002”)
- Scan Data is registered, merged, and aligned in Rapidform XOR.
- Curvese and sketches are developed based upon the scan data in order to generate a parametric solid (Figure 3).
- Feasible to obtain quality data previously unavailable by other means.
- Accurate model in Parasolid or IGES formats.
- 3D model available for CNC machining, Rapid Prototype, or run analysis (FEA, CFD).
Get Started Today!
Figure 1 – Original Part
Figure 2 – Raw Scanned Data
Figure 3 – Final Solid Model