Educational Tools and Resources for Engineering and Manufacturing Programs
Complete 3D Scanning Equipment Education Suite for Teachers and Research | Add Creaform ACADEMIA to your arsenal of 3D Equipment and prepare Engineering, Manufacturing, and Design students to work on real-world applications.
NEW | Introducing the ACADEMIA 20Creaform’s latest 3D scanner has been built to provide users with precision, accuracy and ultimately ease-of-use. Within a scanning area of 143 x 108 mm, the ACADEMIA 20 is capable of capturing details up to 0.1 mm in size, putting it on a par with the ACADEMIA 50, and making it more accurate than the 0.25mm-capable ACADEMIA 10. In terms of recommended part size, the ACADEMIA 20 is able to scan objects anywhere from 0.05m up to 5m in size, potentially enabling teachers to demonstrate engineering tasks on a real-world scale. At 0.95 kg in weight, and with dimensions of 154 x 178 x 235 mm, the new scanner is also larger than its predecessors but generally remains light, portable, and small enough for academics to move from class-to-class. As an added benefit, Creaform is offering its new scanner in multiple bundles, allowing educators to customize their package to best meet the needs of their individual class, and teaching style. Customers can choose anything from one to fifty ‘seats’ of the ACADEMIA software suite, plus a one-to-five year care plan and a selection of free teaching kits. Technical specifications Below are the technical specifications for the ACADEMIA 20. The scanner is available to order now! Contact us today to have one of our team member reach out with more details!
|ACADEMIA 10||ACADEMIA 50||ACADEMIA 20|
|Accuracy||Up to 0.250 mm||Up to 0.1 mm||Up to 0.1 mm|
|Volumetric accuracy||0.500 mm/m||0.300 mm/m||0.300 mm/m|
|Measurement resolution||0.500 mm||0.250 mm||0.100 mm|
|Mesh resolution||0.500 mm||0.500 mm||0.100 mm|
|Measurement rate||550,000 measurements/s||550,000 measurements/s||550,000 measurements/s|
|Light source||White light (LED)||White light (LED)||White light (LED)|
|Laser class||N/A||24 bits||24 bits|
|Scanning area||380 x 380 mm||380 x 380 mm||143 x 108 mm|
|Stand-off distance||400 mm||400 mm||380 mm|
|Depth of field||250 mm||250 mm||100 mm|
|Part size range||0.3 – 3 m||0.3 – 3 m||0.05 – 5 m|
Are you ready to take your teaching or research to a whole new level?
Discover Creaform ACADEMIA™, a brand-new solution suite for forward-thinking teachers and researchers looking to inspire, collaborate, and push the innovation envelope forward using the latest advancements in 3D measurement technologies.
With this new educational program, Creaform goes beyond delivering didactic tools and provides a complete and collaborative skill-nurturing academic solution. The suite let’s you choose from our full line of 3D scanners and portable CMM, free application software, complimentary add-ons as well as useful tools tailored to get you started with industrial 3D measurement solutions.
- 3 units of ACADEMIA professional-grade 3D scanners (other options available)
- 5-year worry-free ACADEMIA Customer Care Plan
- Software suite with our reverse engineering and inspection software
- Self-training documentation on ACADEMIA 3D scanners
- Turnkey solution with all the necessary add-ons to enrich your syllabus
- The industry’s most affordable professional-grade 3D scanner dedicated to teaching applications
- Software to use 3D scans in real-world engineering workflows
- Portable, fast, and easy-to-use 3D measurement solutions: become an expert in no time!
- Metrology-grade portable 3D scanner(s) and portable CMM
- 5-year worry-free ACADEMIA Customer Care Plan
- Software suite including our reverse engineering and inspection software
- Turnkey solution designed to carry out complex projects
- Complete portfolio of metrology-grade 3D scanners and a portable CMM at a special pricing for researchers
- Portable, fast, and easy-to-use 3D measurement solutions
- Complimentary didactic material that is in line with industry requirements
- Customizable teaching presentations
- Video tutorials and self learning documentation
- Pre-built lab exercises with sample datasets for real hands-on experience with 3D files
Scanning is the first step. Powerful and fully integrated, our complementary 3D application software suite provides the tools you need to tackle any type of conventional or ahead-of-the-curve engineering workflows.
- VXelements: 3D measurement software platform
- VXmodel: Scan-to-CAD software module
- VXinspect: Dimensional inspection software model
More Technical Specifications
(Best viewed in full-screen mode)
Original Article: https://3dprintingindustry.com/news/creaform-adds-academia-20-3d-scanner-to-education-portfolio-technical-specifications-and-pricing-187722/