The upcoming 2018 National Plastics Expo (NPE 2018) will feature both a 3D printing workshop, as well as an exhibition of 3D printing technology. The workshop, which will only take place on Wednesday, May 9th from 1-5pm, is organized by Plastic Technology’s sister company, Additive Manufacturing, and will feature a wide variety of companies. The program will include:
- MultiJet 3D Printing technology: comparing and contrasting it to traditional injection molding
- The impact of additive manufacturing for conformal-cooled mold inserts;
- 3D printing of molds with new composite materials;
- Specialized materials for functional prototyping and low-volume production via 3D printing;
- 3D printing for safety-critical part properties; and
- The new balance between injection molding and 3D printing for production.
- Speakers from companies like HP, Carbon and Forecast 3D
Although this workshop will on take place on the afternoon of the 9th, NeoMetrix Technologies, Inc. will exhibit both 3D scanning and 3D printing technologies throughout the week. The technologies they plan to exhibit include Creaform’s industry leading 3D scanners and Markforged’s groundbreaking 3D printers.
NPE 2018 Show Details:
Orange County Convention Center
9800 International Parkway, Orlando, FL 32819
May 7th – 10th: 9:00am to 5:00pm
May 11th: 9:00am to 3:00pm